Just wanted to thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers as we celebrated the life of my grandmother, Nina. We drove to Maine for the funeral the week before Thanksgiving and made it home in time to turn around and go to Tennessee for the holiday the following week. They boys handled all that car time with good behavior and minimal fighting! Hooray!
The service was beautiful. All four of Nina's grandaughters spoke at the mass and Erik, being the eldest great-grandson, also read a poem. If I can boast for a minute, he handled this pressure with great maturity. He was nervous the night before the service and seemed reluctant to want to read. He didn't want to cry and was worried what would happen if he did. We also decided that I should go to the lectern to be with him just in case he couldn't finish. During the service, he kept checking and rechecking the program to see where we were in the order and how much longer he would have to wait. When the time came, the priest called him up and we walked up together. He read so well and only teared up toward the end of the poem, but he made it through without help from me. It's a good thing, too, because I was crying so hard I don't think I would have been much help. He demonstrated a lot that morning, and I know that Nina would have been so proud to have been honored so beautifully by him.
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment