Monday, August 18, 2008

Our boy is 8!

These first few pics are of Erik opening his Nintendo DS, the gift that he has been begging for since before Christmas. Being the mean mom that I am, when he would ask or mention that "I'm the only kid who doesn't have a DS," I would reply, "I just don't think that it's an appropriate gift for and 8 year old." I was totally laying the groundwork for the greatest surprise, ever. I even had my parents playing along as they bought a DS game and told him that they bought the wrong type by mistake. It was so fun. His face says it all!






Erik is officially 8 now, which means that he "officially" knows all. It does seem, if possible, that he is talking even more and at greater speed now. Help! He enjoyed a slumber party again this year, complete with swimming and pizza, ice cream sundaes instead of cake, movie and fireworks in the driveway.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 8th b-day!!!! I'd forgotten how close in age he and Frances are! :) Love all your photos!